Honors Research and Study Abroad Fund
The Honors Research and Study Abroad Funds offer honors students financial support for academic activities that enhance the honors undergraduate experience.
Examples of learning opportunities eligible for Honors Research and/or Study Abroad funding:
- Students must submit a budget outlining expenses: minimum request is $50; maximum award per academic year is $1000.
- Students may apply for up to $1000 for study abroad programs of one month or longer, and up to $500 for domestic research/conference travel or shorter international research experiences.
- Honors considers applications on a rolling basis.
- Only active honors students on track to graduate with honors may apply.
- Students must apply for Honors Research or Study Abroad Funding before the project, event, or travel occurs. Honors does not award retroactive funding.
Examples of ineligible expenses:
- Research, scholarship, and creative activities or materials
- Research trips to archives, libraries, or field sites
- International service opportunities as contract work
- International or domestic internships as contract work
- Presentation at academic conferences
- Enrollment in a non-USU course that would prepare the student for his or her capstone project
- NCHC "Partners in the Parks" program fees and travel expenses for contract work
- Study abroad (four week minimum)
- Matching funds for URCO grants
- Personal equipment (iPods, digital cameras, computers, or any equipment that would remain the property of the student)
- Non-professional or educational travel (personal trips, vacations, social events, or short trips abroad that do not meet the four-week Study Abroad Fund minimum)
- USU tuition
- Student stipend or wages
How to Apply
The application form asks students to describe their needs, to develop a budget, and to identify other sources of funding for which they have applied. Students attending a conference, studying abroad for at least one month, or traveling for a specific service opportunity must provide proof of acceptance to the conference or program. Applicants must be honors students in good standing and on track to graduate with honors. Please download the application below, and submit a TYPED application form and a one-page budget to the Honors Program in LLC Building A, Room 112 (or email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Download the Honors Research or Study Abroad Fund application here.