Honors Research Fund
The Honors Research Fund is designed to give Honors students access to direct funding for activities that will academically enhance their undergraduate experience.
- Students may apply for awards with a minimum amount of $50.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis during the academic year only.
- Only active Honors students on track to graduate with Honors are eligible to apply. More details are in the application, attached.
- Students must apply for Honors Research Funding before the project/ event occurs. Honors will not retroactively give funding.
Examples of learning opportunities that would be eligible for Honors Research Funding:
- research, scholarship and artistic activities or materials
- research trips to archives, libraries, or remote sites
- international service opportunities
- international or domestic internships
- participation in academic conferences
- taking a specific class not offered at USU that will help you complete your thesis
- Partners in the Parks
- study abroad, particularly that with a research focus or Honors-sponsored study abroad
- matching funds for URCO grants
Examples of requests that will NOT be accepted:
- requests for equipment (such as iPods, digital cameras, etc.)
- funding for trips of a personal nature
- tuition for courses
- domestic service trips
To apply, students must submit an application that outlines what they need and what other sources of funding they are applying or have applied for to date. If students are attending a conference or study abroad/service opportunity, they must have already been accepted to the program. All applicants must be in good standing with the Honors Program. Submit the application (link below); a one-page detailed budget; a letter of support from a faculty member to Honors in Old Main 015 or to Amber Summers-Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please type your responses on the form!!