Family, Consumer and Human Development
Eligibility for Acceptance:
Qualified students will have a) declared a major in the department of Family, Consumer, and Human Development, b) a cumulative GPA of at least 3.30, and c) a 3.50 in Family, Consumer, and Human Development courses.
Program of Study:
The 15-credit requirement for Honors in Family, Consumer, and Human Development is met by successfully completing contracts in the following courses:
- 9 credits of Honors coursework in upper-division FCHD courses
- 3-6 credits in Honors Senior Thesis/Project (HONR 4900 or FCHD 4800)
- 3 upper-division credits may be taken from a related department, with the approval of the Departmental Honors Advisor
*Nothing lower than a B grade is acceptable in courses in which an Honors contract is being completed.
**Students who fail to complete a contract, once entered into with a faculty member, will be placed on academic probation for one semester.
Requirements for Completion of Degree:
The successful candidate will:
- complete a major in Family, Consumer, and Human Development;
- graduate with a cumulative GPA of 3.30 and a GPA of 3.5 in upper-division major requirements and in Honors coursework; and
- complete an Honors Senior Thesis/Project, which includes the presentation of the results in a public form (e.g., USU Student Showcase, Departmental Colloquia, Professional Meeting, etc.).
FCHD Honors Committee Members:
Kaelin M. Olsen, MS
Lucy Delgaillo, PhD
D. Kim Openshaw, PhD