Propose an Honors Book LabPlease use the form below to propose a Book Lab for an upcoming term.
• Faculty may propose a book on any topic to discuss with 4-5 interested honors students. The book might be a recent prizewinner or a topical bestseller, a local gem or an international classic, a work of fact or fiction, in or outside the faculty member’s area of expertise.
• Honors purchases all books for faculty and students and schedules with faculty a recurring one-hour meeting time, once a week in weeks 2-5 of each term (January, May, or September).
• Faculty lead discussions but do not evaluate any work: each lab counts as mentoring an honors contract.
• Discussions should introduce students to new ideas through cross-disciplinary conversation, encourage critical thinking, and engage students with the community, all key parts of an honors education.
• Students submit a post-lab written reflection to Honors for assessment of learning outcomes and earn one honors point for successful lab completion.