Honors Research and Study Abroad Fund
The Honors Research and Study Abroad Funds are designed to give honors students financial support for academic activities that will enhance their undergraduate experience.
Examples of learning opportunities eligible for Honors Research and/or Study Abroad funding:
- Students must submit a budget outlining expenses: minimum request is $50; maximum award per year from each fund is $1000.
- Honors considers applications on a rolling basis.
- Only active honors students on track to graduate with honors may apply.
- Students must apply for Honors Research or Study Abroad Funding before the project or event occurs. Honors will not award retroactive funding.
Examples of ineligible expenses:
- Research, scholarship, and artistic activities or materials
- Research trips to archives, libraries, or remote sites
- International service opportunities
- International or domestic internships
- Participation in academic conferences
- Enrollment in a non-USU course that would prepare the student for his or her capstone project
- NCHC "Partners in the Parks" program fees and travel expenses
- Study abroad
- Matching funds for URCO grants
- Personal equipment (iPods, digital cameras, computers, or any equipment that would remain the property of the student)
- Non-professional or educational travel (personal trips, vacations, social events)
- USU tuition
- Student stipend or wages
How to Apply
The application form asks students to describe their needs, to develop a budget, and to identify other sources of funding for which they have applied. Students attending a conference, studying abroad, or traveling for a specific service opportunity must provide proof of acceptance to the conference or program. Applicants must be honors students in good standing and on track to graduate with honors. Please download the application below, and submit a TYPED application form and a one-page budget to the Honors Program in LLC Building A, Room 112 (or email to Amber Summers-Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Download the Honors Research or Study Abroad Fund application here.